Friday, July 18, 2008

I can fly.

So we had a ICS staff barbecue where all us new staff were able to meet the old staff. Afterward, we walked to a mall on the side of a cliff to go bowling. Unfortunately, it was league night and no alleys were open. Fortunately, my room mate, Amanda, piped in.

Amanda: We can go paragliding.
Jens (old staff member): Seriously?
Amanda: Yeah.
Jens: You all really want to?
Everyone: (says or does something that means yes)

So because Jens knew the paragliding guy, we were able to fly for only $20. Usually Americans fly for $55.

The experience was like one of those wonderful dreams where you can fly and float around and above all mankind. I was strapped to a Peruvian flying me around, but I still felt incredibly free. Near the end he did some dips, rushing turns, and free falls which were thrilling. And then he pulled back in to land and I watched my first Lima sunset over the ocean.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oooh! I'm jealous!

tsbjf said...

Oh wow, that is incredible! I want to do that someday! Beautiful picture.