Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Evil Thing

When we first got to our home, we saw one of these sitting on our table.

We had never seen one before and didn't know what it was for. Eden said, "Hey, I know what it is. A rat catcher. It pops up and you can use it to catch mice running across your floor without touching them." Below is my view of what the purpose of the strange item was for.


Soon however, I found out it was really simply a food cover, used to keep flies and such away. According to my roommate, it isn't just a strange Peru tool either but is commonly used in the states. Definitely not half as cool as I thought it was, but at least we were able to let it fulfill its purpose. See how it was put to use below.

5 comments:

DP said...

I REALLY LIKE it when we get to use the rat-catcher!

Jenny said...

man, we could use such a tool due to our ridiculous fly situation

Andrew Hawkinson said...

I would love to eat whatever is being protected :) it looks delicious!

tsbjf said...

That thing is still cool. I've never seen one before either.

David and Sherry said...

Great Grandma Page used to use one of those.