Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Day in the Life of Pre-Teaching Eden

7ish Get up, run maybe, get ready.

8ish Leave for the school using public transportation here. To keep in mind: The man comfortably reading the morning paper is not a passenger on our bus but the driver.















9ish Arrive at school and begin Spanish classes. During Spanish classes we chat in Spanish, learn which culturally inappropriate/rude/comical actions we have committed lately, and learn other cultural differences such as the difference between...

... a United States Guinea Pig













... and a Peruvian Guinea Pig













I still do not know which is weirder.

1ish Go on a field trip to help us learn where resources are here, have a meeting, or work at the school. Today we went on a field trip on a tourist bus to downtown Lima.















5ish
Get home, eat, relax, maybe go out and do something.

9:30 Dale falls asleep.

11:30 Eden falls asleep.

5 comments:

tsbjf said...

Ew, I don't think I could eat a guinea pig if I knew what I was eating. Especially after seeing that cute little one dressed up as a dinosaur...

Lima looks so pretty! The architecture and palm trees, very nice.

Jenny said...

Yucky! No guinea pigs for me! I don't really like them in the US form either.

meesh said...

So do you just take less sleep than Dale? Or are you just more tired during the day? =)

luaphacim said...

I, for one, would really like to try Guinea Pig, Peru-style. That picture looks delicious. Nom nom nom.

DP said...

I forgot to tell you, Eden.
In Huancayo, I saw this old man on a street corner holding a wiggling tarp bag full of guinea pig! I should have bought one to take back, then we could have fresh cuy.