Monday, March 30, 2009

I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that...

One of the evenings on which I was hanging out with Bethany, a gringa who goes to my church working as a short term missionary, we were walking around a park to see what things were going on. We ended up watching Merengue dancers with a crowd of Peruvians.

Then this younger Peruvian guy with longer, slimy brown hair turned to me and said in an even slimier voice, “What ti-i-i-me is it.” Bethany told me later that he sounded like a Harry Potter villan.

“Its 6:50” I answered.

“Thank yo-u-u-u,” the words slithered out of his mouth.

“Let’s go” I told Bethany. I really don’t like talking to creepy Peruvian guys, especially ones who are so unfortunate as to have the voice and hair of Professor Snape.

1 comment:

tsbjf said...

Reading that description made my skin crawl!