Tuesday, March 31, 2009

El Niño con el Pijama de Rayas

Last night I went to see this movie with the Grupo. Though it was a intense and mournful film, I only teared up once through the entire thing (and I was humored to see that the supposedly macho latino guys with us were struggling to not break down in sobs right there in the theater by the end).
After the final credits came up, all of us just sat there
staring at the screen in horrified shock.
"Did you like the film?" I asked Adriana later.
"Well, how can anyone like that kind of film?" she said, "though it did make me think."
I nodded even though I didn't fully agree as I really had enjoyed enough aspects of it to be able to say that I enjoyed it. The acting and filming were beautifully accomplished. Additionally the film was extremely honest and truthful - not adding rays of sunshine where there actually are none (to make us viewers feel better inside when we shouldn't), but not glorifying darkness either.
However, even with all that being said, I probably will never watch it again.

2 comments:

tsbjf said...

Jeremy and I just watched this last week! It was totally sad! I thought it was well done too, but like you, I will probably never watch it again.

DP said...

When I read your title, I thought "rayas" was "reyes" and it really threw me off.