Sunday, August 03, 2008

You know you have lived in Peru 3 weeks when:

  • You don't stop yourself from kissing your American acquaintances on the cheek when you greet them.
  • You start kissing other things


(wait! I can explain! This old Peruvian guy was telling me I had to do it - you can see him in the picture inwardly laughing at how he made the crazy americana do whatever he said).


New experiences this week:
  • When you go to a Peruvian grocery store right as it opens, all the workers stand on each side of the entrance in two lines, saying good morning to the first customers. (Customer service is excellent here, so I wasn’t too surprised).
  • Speaking of the grocery store. Dale and I learned to watch out for stocker stalkers (I don’t think excellent customer service includes following you home to make sure you make it ok – needless to say we took a different route).
  • I had my first taste of wine – at church. I guess they thought they should use the real thing for communion.

Below is a picture of 3 teachers I will be working with being sneezed on by a llama - I did not take the picture but wish I had.

5 comments:

tsbjf said...

I love the picture of you kissing the llama!!!! SO cute!

You guys really have all kinds of experiences in regards to the grocery store. I like the early morning greeting. Not so much the stalking, that sounds scary!

Jenny said...

LOL! Did you like the wine?

meesh said...

The llama sneezing pic is great! Nice it didn't happen to you!

Anonymous said...

Are you SURE that llama was sneezing? They spit, you know.

(This from one who owns a very cranky llama)

Unknown said...

It's a stocker! Even American Grocery stores have them.