Sunday, August 17, 2008

Maid for us

We have a maid. Her name is Elida. She is about 4'10." She likes to iron.

She comes to our house twice a week.

She washes our sheets, irons them, and puts them on our beds nice and neat.


She rearranges our shoes so that they are not in a jumbled mess in the closet.
She will make us supper.

Sometimes, when she irons pleats in our jeans, she will make us laugh.

When she is done ironing, she puts our folded clothes in piles for us to put in our drawers.
We love Elida.


Quote of the week:
Roomate: (walks in to the room) Guys.....
Rest of us: What?
Roomate: (whispers) So I was just upstairs and Elida ... well ... she even irons our ... UNDERWEAR!!!

4 comments:

tsbjf said...

Woah, even your underwear! She does a lot of stuff for you guys, that must be nice :) .

tsbjf said...

Pregnancy brain is totally common. Jenny will vouch for this, as well as any other pregnant woman--you forget stuff like crazy!

Jenny said...

I can't believe she irons sheets and underwear! That's so crazy! I like the term momnesia better than pregnancy brain though. Ya, you start to forget things. Like, putting chicken into a chicken casserole.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eden, Jenny sent me your blog!
I'm so happy I get to read about your year in Peru! I have already
been laughing myself silly. Great fun! I'll be praying for you and stopping by for a visit every now and again.
Blessings!
Margaret Peters