Saturday, August 30, 2008

Newsletter 2: A Bunch of Lists

Hello Friends!

Let me tell you the things I have learned these last few weeks:

  • students at the school I work at are not afraid of stopping by their teachers' homes and staying to chat for over an hour just because they are in the neighborhood
  • over 7 people can fit in a taxi














  • new kindergarteners need to learn that throwing scissors is "not ok"
  • my favorite flavor of ice cream is sold here and can be obtained within walking distance of the school (I wasn't sure which list to put this statement under)
  • God has taken away my old life and all the things I once looked to for satisfaction only to show me clearly the depths of satisfaction I can find in serving and knowing Him (Isaiah 19)

Pray for me:

  • as I decide which church I ought to attend
  • as I build relationships with the parents of my students

Praise God for:

  • the loving staff at the school
  • the joy I have getting up every morning and going to work

Because of His grace and through His grace I serve Him.

Thank you all for your care,

Eden

Isaiah 55

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

1 comment:

tsbjf said...

You've learned a lot of things in Peru! I'm glad that it has been a time of personal growth with the Lord, that is awesome. Keep up the good work!