Friday, August 22, 2008

2 Bedtime Stories

Story 1:

Not long after school started, a new student joined one of my classes. She had not yet had the chance to purchase a uniform. For a week she came into class sporting clothes in her own unique style while the rest of the class donned the regular uniform… until today.

I laughed when one of the students noticed and said in a lifeless voice, “You are one of US now.”

Moral: Studies show that uniforms enhance learning. No studies show that uniforms enhance the feeling that you are a part of a creepy cult…yet.


Story 2:

One of my students is forever tired. Every morning it’s the same: he comes into my class, sits down, and then falls asleep on his desk until the bell rings and class starts. I pass him in the hall and he yawns. His name even sounds like the word “Yawn.”

One morning I needed a model for class and asked for a volunteer. No one wanted to be a model. Then, I decided it was time to utilize my sneaky emergency plan.

I held up a blanket and pillow, “this will be for a longer pose, so whoever wants to do it gets to lie down.”

Yawn, expression unchanging, turned around slowly, and rose his hand.
I smiled a crooked smile.


Moral: There is always a way to use the shortcomings of others’ to your advantage.



A photo of the teachers and administration of ICSL is now available! Just look below:

1 comment:

tsbjf said...

You are sneaky! Enticing "Yawn" :) . That's awesome.

Cool teacher photo! I see you!