Monday, June 30, 2008

Naughty or Nice?

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am having so much fun here at Pre Field Orientation. We can swim, play games and I am making lots of friends.

Also, I am getting to know my future colleagues and they are getting to know me through personality tests and just through conversation:

Lauren: So we were on the roof of the Peabody hotel and Jessica leaned over the ledge to take a picture.

Rebecca: Yes, she was being so...dangerous. No, that’s not the word I want to use. Not dangerous…

Lauren: Risky?

Rebecca: No not exactly risky…

Debbie: risk taking?

Rebecca: Maybe…

Eden: stupid?

Here everyone was like, “Whoa." "What?! No!” “Eden, I thought you were nice!” “I am going to tell the director on you.” (Actually I think that’s the fifth time someone has said something to the equivalent of “I am going to tell the director on you” to me this week).

Sometimes I am nice, sometimes, people just have it coming.

Have a NICE week,

Eden

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! I love it that you said that!

DP said...

It seems to me that stupid could be the only accurate word to use in the situation...
You're not in Kansas anymore.

Speaking of stupid, did you hear about the kid who climbed two six-foot fences, then got his head chopped off by a roller coaster?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5icJKWwVpBMEbT5HEKFrs_UBNUgWQD91K32701

tsbjf said...

I would have offered that word as well. A little weird that they took so much offense to it....

I think you're nice Eden! They should have just stuck with dangerous and left it at that.

Ben and Caroline Fisher said...

Eden you made me laugh so hard reading your blogs. Also just for you I have made and updated my blog. Although I can't remember the address try cfisher82@blogspot.com or caroline fisher I can't remember sorry.

Ben and Caroline Fisher said...

Eden you made me laugh so hard reading your blog. Just clikc on my screen name and it will take you to see my blog made especially for you by me.

Matthew said...

Sometimes saying it like it is just doesn't jive with others...but i find when you say it I am quite entertained.