Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wood Eye? Wood Eye?

Today I was introducing a new assignment to my highschoolers when one of them interrupted me:

Japanese male student: Miiiiissss!
Miss Page: Not now, let me finish.
Japanese male student: But Miss! Your eyeeeee!
Miss Page: Wait a minute, what?
Peruvian female student: MISS! You have PINK EYE!
Miss Page: Really?

I looked in the mirror and sure enough, half of my eye was pink.

Later, while talking to my Peruvian female student I noticed that she wouldn't even look at me when she was talking to me. When I asked her what was wrong she told me "I don't want you to infect me with pink eye."

"Vanessa!" I told her, "you can't catch pink eye just by looking at it!"
"But Miss, yes you can!"
I tried persuading her using logic and scientific fact, but she still would not believe me nor look at me for the rest of class.

Pink eye update: Subject is tearing up although no physical or emotional pain is present. Entire left eye of subject is now pink.

1 comment:

Joel said...