Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Day with Family

A Thursday ago, I found myself and most those who go to my church piling into two big buses and heading an hour outside of Lima all for the noble end of spending time together and getting sun.

First, we were divided up into groups of colors and we competed with one another for about three or four hours. Usually only one or two people from each color group would need to step forward and play one of the games while the rest of us sat back in
the sun and chatted.

Then came the moment we had all been waiting for. The scores for all the games had been tallyed and the pastor can be seen in the video announcing the runner up.



Afterward, we went swimming in an extremely crowded pool. My girl friends and I were tormented with cat calls and whistles there and even got an "Ooooooh como las chicas de Baywatch!" Unnerved, we got out immediately...
and we went on a walk, just girls.

And then the best part came. I got to hold my favorite infant for a while and had some good conversations with older church members. Then I pulled out my frisbee and taught some girls how to play. Afterward, relaxed, I feel asleep in the sun.

Going home, I shared 4 seats with 7 people. Cramped, I stuck my feet, covered in style thanks to the socks Dale sent to me, up on the seat in front of me. Peruvians don't know what to think of me as they think of looking like an idiot as something to be avoided at all costs.



1 comment:

tsbjf said...

What a day! Man, you & your friends that are girls are endlessly being tormented, huh. Can't even take a swim!