Saturday, September 27, 2008

3 reasons why my week was amazing

1. Students did a wonderful (and sometimes creepy) job posing and drawing one another on Friday.

2. Though leading mural painting for a ICSL "spiritual emphasis week" activity made these last two weeks challenging, the work was well worth it. The 4th-7th graders did an excellent job! (It will be complete soon).
3. I was able to actually complete some artwork of my own for the first time in a month or two this Saturday!

Hooray for watercolor pencils!




Quote of the week

Background Information: All students are gathered together in the meeting hall on the last hour of the day on Friday for what the school schedule said would be a "concert," put together by 3 middle-aged men (fathers and teachers of the students). I was sitting next to a group of my students as we were waiting for the "concert" to begin.


Student: Why are they calling this a "concert" anyway? It's not going to be like a real concert is it?
Miss Page: I don't think so, but when the band comes up, we should scream like it IS a real concert.
Student: Yeah! Like they're a boy band.
Miss Page: Um... Ok.

So now my throat still hurts, three middle aged men feel 30 years younger, and the administration may be reconsidering requiring teachers to sit amongst the students during assemblies.

4 comments:

tsbjf said...

So many cool projects going on! And I love your artwork! I guess I forgot that you probably had an interest in art since you're an art teacher and all :) . You should show more of your work! And good job with the enthusiasm at the concert. Rock on.

Grace said...

Haha, that's really funny, Eden!

DP said...

You are becoming quite the photographer, Eden! The MTM picture will be sent to you at a more decent hour.

Ben and Caroline Fisher said...

Sounds like school is going well for you!