Saturday, September 13, 2008

Imprudent Students

1. The other day the history teacher picked up the following note which had been passed during class by one of the ESL students:
Though spelled wrong and grammatically incorrect, at least he knows English well enough to make a strong point.


2. Lately I have been working to improve the drawing skills of my elementary students. For this reason, I often will have them draw random objects I find – leaves, plastic flowers, etc. Recently they have been giving me objects which I can add to my collection such as feathers and shells, but the other day they were super excited as they carried a folded up paper towel to me. I opened it. Below is what was inside.
I will treasure it always.

3. In a high school class, one of my students rigged up the following contraption in order to make his drawing's subject matter more interesting.

4.

Public School in Kansas:
parents need to tell students not to stay up past 1:00 AM playing video games

International School in Lima:
parents need to tell students not to stay up past 1:00 AM doing unnecessary homework



Public School in Kansas:
students refer to me as “Miss Page”

International School in Lima:
students (mostly Korean) refer to me as “Meeeees! Meeeeeeeess!”

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your students are pretty funny! I like the whole bug and weird head sculpture thing! LOL!

tsbjf said...

All I can say is, "woah". Cookies or death, bugs, strange head....

And did you mean 1AM instead of PM?

Unknown said...

Thanks Joanne, I will edit that