Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Collectivos



Is it wrong that I get sad when they shut down illegal things in Peru? My beloved collectivos, taxis that fill up with different people to get me home in a half the time, have been monitored by the police recently. 
The other day I got in and the lady who helps call people to get in yelled at the driver, "GO GO THEY'RE COMING!" and all the collectivos that weren't properly registered sped away fast down the highway including my ride as the police pulled up. My poor driver didn't earn much that day. 
Peru is more unique and a lot cheaper because businesses are free from government limitations most of the time. Sometimes it seems like any way of life is possible here (if you are illegal, wealthy, or connected). May the country grow in safety and economy but may it never lose its freedom. 

 ...waiting for the collectivo to fill up, I took a photo. 

No comments: