Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Meet Lauren


Lauren is one of my roommates. Amanda and I like to tease her about the words which she uses. Here is a dictionary of her vocabulary:


The Dictionary of Lauren:


Same [seym]

A one-word phrase used to show one feels identical with what has just been mentioned:
Amanda: I really wish I could be as cool as Eden.
Lauren: Same.

Stinkin’ cute [sting-kyn kyoot]

Adjective used to express high enthusiasm over someone, some place, some thing, etc.
Lauren: Oh my goodness my roommate is so stinkin’ cute.

Because A…, B…, and C… [bi-kawz ae…, be…, ahnd see]

Phrase used to express something with three different points to back the expression.
Lauren: I really think Eden is the best roommate ever because A - she always leaves bread sacks open, B – she puts her keys in the refrigerator, and C – she likes eating the plastic wrapped around her cheese.

Ya know right? [yah noh rahyt]

A phrase used to express ''I can't believe it either.''
Amanda: Eden is so extremely awesome.
Lauren: Ya know right?

Appendages [uh-pen-dij-ez] (and other words only smart science majors know)

A science-y term which means any body parts that may extend from a body segment.
Lauren: My appendages are cold.
Amanda: That’s probably because Eden isn’t here to warm your heart.

5 comments:

DP said...

This is great, Eden!
I know you leave bread sacks open, and I know that you eat the plastic around your cheese, but is putting your keys in the fridge something new you picked up in Peru?

lisaqshay said...

lol! that's funny, eden. Okay, i'm going out on a limb here...BUT, correct me if i'm wrong, Laur, I believe she got the "stinkin' cute" from me. Her aunt. Favorite Aunt, of course.

shawn and I read this together and couldn't resist adding another word to your list. (you know what's coming laur! sorry.)

Sunoco [sunny-coe] gas station back home. it's proper pronunciation is [sun-NO-coe]

tsbjf said...

Funny! And I love how all the words were used in reference to you, like how awesome you are and how you warm peoples' hearts....and all the random things that you do, lol. You are always such a good story teller! I mean it--you're a good writer.

L McNally said...

haha oh my goodness A. Lisa, YES.. i should have known that was coming! and i didn't even think of that, but you're right.. I'm sure I got the "stinkin'" from you.. i wonder where the rest of it all came from.. hmm

Unknown said...

this Lauren character looks like Kelsey Stebbings