Thursday, December 04, 2008

An Idiots Guide to Dummies

It began in the Magdalena Market 5 minutes from my house. He was always standing there, always smiling. His cheesiness mocked me... and occasionally would make me want cheese. On some days he would be wearing a pair of briefs along with a sweater while on colder days he would don a pair of tights, bathrobe, and a simple scarf. Before she left Peru, Dale pulled out her camera and photographed me with him. It was then that it all began.

This continued on the Arequipa trip I went on few months ago. In the darkest corner of our hostel I found her.

Finally, while walking recently down the streets of Huancayo, I stumbled upon one with skin like the night sky. Next to him a companion with the worlds longest side burns. Yes, we were the cause of the laughter of the two salesman in the background of the picture.

It has only been hours since I have realized that I have a thing with taking photos with creepy mannequins ...and I am afraid that my mannequin obsession will not end here.

1 comment:

DP said...

Being a gringa is more than skin-deep.