Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Humourous Mexican Quotes

I recently found the journal Dale and I wrote during our 2 months at a Mexican Orphanage and we were able to laugh afresh at the crazy things that happened and crazy things that were said such as the quotes listed below:

Aleshia in an excited voice: Can I drive?!
Mexican in an excited voice: Do you want to die?!

Us: I understand.
Mexican: No, all of you just nod and say "I understand, I understand" and then turn to your friends and whisper, "what did he just say?"
(The Mexican was right, we did this A LOT).


Eden: Mexico - where they have fences to protect dogs from people.

Us (to someone who we just met): We are learning a lot of Spanish.
Eddie (to same person): Yes, it is true they are learning how to speak Spanish. And very soon, they will be better than I.

Eddie: “When I grow up, I will become a vampire. I will be called Eddie the Vampire and go all over the world, searching for the best blood. You don't have to worry though, I don't drink the blood of Americans.” (Eddie never was one to hide his prejudice against anything from the USA nor was he one to hide his weirdness).

DARN! Now I want to go back again. Maybe I will...

No comments: