Saturday, August 04, 2007

Should I Title this "Goin' Courtin'?" or "Them Women was Sabean?"

I found this article in Christians Today Magazine*:



Joshua Harris, author of "I Kissed Dating Goodbye," has suddenly surprised many conservative Christian families with his new, racier book, "I French Kissed Courtship Goodbye." "Ever since my first book published, the term 'courtship' has been thrown around," Harris says, "Everyone is courting everyone and courtship has become too casual. With my new book, I hope to turn things around by suggesting a newer, even more biblically based solution for Christian parents to worship: kidnapping."

Harris bases this new stance on pre-marital relationships on the twenty-first chapter of Judges when the Bengamite men, left without females in their own tribe, are instructed to "Go and hide in the vineyards" and "seize wives from among the young women of Shiloh."

"This passage has strong implications for today's singles," states Harris, "I will be the first to admit that through both dating and courtship I became too intimate too early. However, with my new method, kidnapping, none can deny that the possibility of pre-marital sin will be eliminated."


*
not really

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he would be serious that we should instruct parents to kidnap a potential mate for their child. There must be more to this in the book. But I won't know unless I read it. Eden, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

DP said...

"I like comments on my blog! Nobody leaves them... Except Dale!"
Hey now...

DP said...

Mr. Josh Harris found a similar post here:
http://www.joshharris.com/2008/04/flirt_to_convert_1.php