Monday, February 05, 2007

Fantasy Games in the Real World


I think Joel's adventure game obsession has possibly gone too far. He sent me the following humorous email which shows where his mind is most of the time:

"The other day I was playing Simon the sorcerer when I realized I needed to go feed our chickens. So I went out there and after finishing the job I realized the pole which I use to hold the door shut after I left had fallen over onto the door and I couldn't get out. I yelled for help and tried breaking down the door but this didn't work. So I did what any adventure gamer would do and used my brain. Finding a hook attached to the wall, I used pushed it through the crack in the door and knocked the pole out of the way. I thought this was very amusing because I never thought that could help me in real life."

I can just picture Joel picking up the hook and making a "BRINGGG" sound as he pulled it off the wall. He probably even narrated his movements saying, "Joel lifts the long pole off the wall and places it in his knapsack."

3 comments:

DP said...

Write more, Miss Eden!

DP said...

I'm waiting... write more! Anything!

Anonymous said...

Good words.