Monday, May 10, 2010

Cry me a River Festival

I just found out on my friend Angi's blog that it's river festival time in Wichita.

If I was in the states, I doubt I would attend many of the events (especially as the canoe races no longer exist), but I still don't like the idea of river festival happening while I am in Peru. Perhaps because I have so many memories of it as a kid.

I remember going to the river festival parade one or two years in this:


When all five of us siblings had been born, all three of us girls sat in it without seatbelts in all fearlessness. Paul would ride his small bike alongside us and mama would have baby Joel in a bike seat behind her. It made sense for all of us to go to the parade by bike because so many of the streets would be blocked off for vehicles. Daddy made (and still makes) the craziest inventions.

Below are canoe race pictures as well as Grace when she was tubby:

Tubby GraceMother-Daughter Race

1 comment:

Grace said...