Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pirated!

One day after church 2 of my girl friends
and I were planning on having a nice quiet meal together and then going to my house to watch a movie.

SUDDENLY our plans were ATTACKED BY FIVE FRIGHTENING PIRATES!

Introducing…

Helmsman Miguel (in the background)

[caption id="attachment_574" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Helmsman Miguel is in charge of the pirate vessel steerage"][/caption]

First Mate Josue

Captain Nadia

[caption id="attachment_569" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Captain Nadia and I "][/caption]

Crewman Christian

[caption id="attachment_571" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Crewman Christian taking a nap when he should be sweeping the decks"][/caption]

Ugly faced Pete

[caption id="attachment_568" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="in my personal opinion Ugly-faced-Pete is the most annoying of the pirates"][/caption]

Here is what happened next:

Crewman Christian: Yarrr. We are hijacking your weak and feminine plans. Instead of having a nice quiet girly lunch of fruit, salad, and hummus you are going to eat at a meaty, manly buffet


Helmsman Miguel: Aye! And instead of watching a light romanceyou are going to watch this awful terror film


We sailed to a nearby market in the cramped pirate vesselwhere my pirate friends could purchase the pirated movie from other pirate-y riff raff.

And then we sat down and watched 2 hours of torture. None of us liked the movie. I either had my eyes closed or was checking my email most of the film.

The entire time, Miguel was telling us that at the ending of the film there would be a dialogue explaining why all the torture was happening throughout the entire movie. But then it turned out that the Spanish subtitles no longer worked the last 15 minutes of the movie. All the dialogue just came out in its original French with no translation.

They all muttered angry complaints about the unreliability of the fellow pirates they bought the movie from. No honor among thieves I guess. After watching a good movie and then just hanging around chatting, the pirates left, sailing off into the sunset, promising to return one day.

I suppose I hope they do. Yarrr.

No comments: